| Blessed by a Beautiful double rainbow one September morning!!! |
As I prepared to race up to the finish line of my work week in an effort to finish strong, I realized that Monday would be Labor Day! How Did That Happen??? Where did summer go???
I don't "dread" autumn this year as I found myself doing last year. I guess enough seasons have passed for me to have overcome the "first" of everything and be getting used to the fact that time is moving forward. I have always enjoyed fall and find myself embracing it again this year. I bought apple cider, made my first (of many to come) batches of apple cider pancakes and ordered the caramel apple coffee that I love. The fruit trees are loaded this year and I managed to pick enough before the squirrels and deer got to them so I could make a 2 big pots of applesauce (and freezing some), a fall tradition for us, and have been enjoying the Asian Pears we all love! I shopped for mums to replace my worn out summer flowers in the pots and in October, put the garden "to bed for the winter" after a final harvest.
| Autumn :) |
| Red Hot Cinnamon Apple Sauce :) |
| So many great cars at the Cruise In |
| Live Mannequin Night |
| 1 panel of 4, this was the Art Prize Winner! |
| Happy Birthday! |
| Part of the way up, looking back down! |
| View from the top is spectacular! |
| Mount Baldhead |
Many "Check ups" were also on the calendar for the month and those are not always so fun, lol! Bella (my car) went in for an oil change, tire rotation, break inspection and Ford Sync update. I am not used to having to bring my vehicles in for work as Jeff took care of much of the maintenance but it all went fine and she got a clean bill of health. Bear and Nick had their check ups and are doing wonderfully and my dentist check up was great. The furnace check up went well but I knew the humidifier was dead and needed replacing and that is now done. The biggest issue for me was that I have been dealing with some shoulder issues and increasing pain since about March. By August the pain from my shoulder coupled with that from tennis elbow (a long time problem for me) was so intense I knew I had no other option than to seek a diagnosis and treatment. I couldn't get in to see the Doctor I wanted till Sept. and he then confirmed my fears, a torn rotator cuff. He offered several options of treatment and I chose physical therapy over cortisone injections or surgery as the place to start. I have now had 6 weeks of PT and 1 massage (to help loosen up the very tight muscles in my upper back and break up the scar tissue in my arm from the tennis elbow) and am so happy to report that things are so much better! I am mostly pain free now although there is some "aches and slight soreness etc., which is normal at this point. My arm, shoulder and back are getting much stronger and I am able to do many of the "everyday normal" things pain free that I could not do at all prior to PT! It will likely never get back to 100% I have been told but, I can live with this now :) PT will continue as well as another massage which was so helpful beyond anything I could imagine! Other than that, I have been working a lot and thoroughly enjoying my jobs! Busy with work but busy with fun things to and just always trying to strike the balance between the two!
I promised an update on the kids and then the summer and fall got so busy that it never happened!
All are doing well and I will update more on them another time but..................BIG NEWS right now is that......................................................................................................................................................
Briana and Matthew got engaged on October 8!!! I am so happy for them! What an exciting time for them and for all of us :) Matt took Bri on what she thought was supposed to be a double date picnic. When the other couple "bailed" at the last minute, they picnicked alone (except for the friend hiding with a camera!) and Matt surprised Briana with a book he had made complete with photos in a timeline of sorts of their relationship. He included a photo of himself and I at the restaurant where he took me and asked my permission and as the book progressed, he took it from Briana and read the ending to her, asking her to marry him. It was so sweet, thoughtful and touching! Congratulations Briana Sue and Matthew!!!
As you can see, we are doing our best to "Make every moment count!"
(((Hugs)))
Brenda





Congratulations to Bri and Matthew. Wow, Kudos to Matt for finding a great way to propose! How special! Glad you are doing well Brenda. Take care!
ReplyDeleteBobbi E
Thank you Bobbi!
ReplyDelete