Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

   Today I celebrate all I have to be thankful for. Yes, I am Thankful. I am Blessed. I know that I (we, my family) has  suffered a great loss. We all still miss Jeff. We all miss what was. But, as I read in a wise book, "the greatest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude."  and, I am grateful. Today seems the perfect day to be grateful. To be Thankful. As I sit here and reflect on the day, in the quiet of the evening, I am Thankful!
  Today, I am Thankful to have been able to spend the day with my children! This also includes my daughter's fiance, Matt. My soon to be son in law! I am so Thankful each and every day for each of you! You make my life complete! Today I am Thankful for my fur grand kids, 2 of whom joined us for thanksgiving making me smile! Just think what I'll be like with the non fur type grand kids, lol! I am Thankful my mother could join us as well. I am Thankful for the abundance of food on our table! Today I am Thankful for my jobs! I work at two jobs in 3 different shops that I love!  I love the creativity and the adorable children and the vast array of different tasks that I am privileged to do at both Paint A Pot and Peek A Boutique as well as wonderful co workers and bosses and some of the best customers ever! And then, on the weekend, I get to indulge in another passion, wine! And, I get paid for this! I love that job, it was a complete fluke to fall into it. Or, maybe not. I think I was meant to find that when I did.  I love what I am learning, what I am privileged to be exposed to! I love that I have been trusted to create and manage the Warner Vineyards Facebook page and further indulge in my passions for wine, social media and geekieness in  general!  I am Thankful for my own fur kids, they keep me from  coming home to an empty house and are always happy to see me! I am Thankful for my friends! Newer friends and friends dating back to child hood! Some I see or talk  to often,  and some less often but,  still friends!  I am Thankful for all those who choose to be a part of my life and I am honored and privileged to be a part of theirs!  And yes, I am Thankful for facebook, social media in  general,  and the internet! Without that I would not be "talk" to so many so often. With Jeff's illness and now me working so much, this is a wonderful way for me to keep in touch!  There is both good and bad about  social media but I choose to focus on the positive and for me, it was a life line when I needed it!  I am Thankful for memories! We have wonderful family memories that make us smile, even laugh, and I am Thankful that we have reached a point where those memories have that affect on us!  I am Thankful for my faith, and the fact that I am allowed to be faithful and spiritual in my own way!   I am Thankful for the home we built together and that I have been able to stay here! I am Thankful for the experiences I have had, both joyful and painful, for they have shaped me in the way they were intended to and,  great or difficult, I embrace that and hope I can do something positive with that!
   The last day or two, I have been thinking of so many who are dealing with the empty chair at the table this holiday for the first time! My heart is heavy for them. Holidays are hard. First holidays are really hard. Sadly, those experiencing this, number way to many and for a couple,  that grief is just days old. I Pray for them to find comfort, strength and peace!
   As we, the kids and I, move into the 18 month mark and our second holiday season without Jeff,  I can honestly say that I  am Thankful for so much (and this compilation was in no particular order !) and I still want to "make every moment count!"  Please, do the same!

(((Hugs)))
   Brenda

 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Brenda! For all you continue to give to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, simply the truth. I am Thnakful :) I am Thankful for you Megan!

      Delete
  2. Glad to be one of your "childhood" friends. Trying to make every moment count!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are indeed Duane! Another friend and I came up with the term "forever friends" because she took offense at the "old" part of old friends! Lol!

      Delete