Something I strive for daily but only achieve it once in a while! Ditto for being "mindful" and staying "in the present." All of which contribute to "Making every moment count." It is a work in progress. I am a work in progress.
This weekend, I achieved these things. I expect to fall short again. And, I expect that I will once again achieve this, only to fall short yet again. And so the cycle continues. My glass is half full so I will press on knowing I can get there more often than not!
This spring was inexplicably difficult for me for reasons I do not fully understand nor can I fully explain. It just was. Emotionally, it was a difficult time. It also seemed that, no matter the task or project at hand; it proved to be more difficult, more work than it should be. The 'balance" was way off! A perfect storm so to speak. And then, just as inexplicably, I turned a corner and the sailing was smooth once again. (As much as it can be!)
June is quite possibly my favorite month! Everything is green and lush, lawns look great, flowers are still hardy, weather is amazing, a/c is not needed, comfortable sleeping weather, great to be outside etc! It is also one full of memories! It is the month Jeff and I met, married and, the month he died. Most of the memories are sweet though :)
This weekend I enjoyed perfect weather, a wonderful day at my job with affirmation from both customers and boss that I am valued and doing well at something I truly enjoy! I had time to accomplish both the tasks and yard work that needed to be attended to as well as time to relax!
A morning climb up Mt. Pisgah (one of my favorite places as I'm sure you all know by how often I post pics of a trip up there!) and a walk along the Black River Boardwalk provided for some much needed reflection and relaxation mixed with exercise! So good for my mind, body, and soul! I saw an eagle flying overhead from Mt. Pisgah, a red winged black bird sat within a few feet of me on the boardwalk, a hummingbird drank from my feeder about 3 feet from where I sat on my front porch, the neighbor's cat came to visit and I encouraged a squirrel to leave the shed and "go play outside" on such a nice day with the business end of a rake (No harm came to the squirrel!) An afternoon mixed with the yard work, house work, and front porch relaxation and enjoying the beautiful outdoors I am Blessed to live in! An evening walk with my "best guy," Bear. Supper and yoga, both on the back deck and reading there until the sun sank low. A wonderful weekend , "Balance" achieved for now :)
![]() |
| Bear :) |
I am on a journey and I do not know where it will take me next but, I feel as though I am where I should be, doing what I should do at this time. That is enough for today :) Enjoy the journey my friends and try to "make every moment count!"
(((Hugs)))
Brenda





No comments:
Post a Comment