So many friends have asked "so, how was it?" Meaning of course, "The Day." June 7. For me, it was a day of memories. Actually, as we near the end of June, I realized I have been immersed in memories. I realized that I have spent a lot of time "reflecting."June was the month Jeff and I met (a blind date believe it or not!). We were married in June and, Jeff passed away in June. Yes, there are a lot of memories tied up in June.
First date. First kiss. Wedding. Anniversaries. Anniversary dinners. Going to the Parade of Homes together. The anniversary dinner when I was hugely pregnant with the twins that the Doctor hadn't yet discovered (despite my telling him otherwise!). Father's Day, Jeff's "Big Event!" I remember going to the Saginaw 7 Eleven Soccer Tournament every June with all the kids, often celebrating our anniversary that weekend. Really, these are the things, the events occupying my mind so much more than his passing. I had 33 years of making June memories with Jeff so it makes sense to me that I am reflecting on those memories more than one evening last June.
Yes, I did have a lot of memories of June 7th as well. as well. How could I not? But mostly I remember all those other, wonderful, previous years!
This June would have been our 32 wedding anniversary. Of course I thought of our wedding day.
The end of June will bring the "anniversary" of our first date. Lots of memories. Good, happy, sweet, funny memories! I got a little misty missing Jeff on the morning of what would have been our anniversary but otherwise, just reflecting with a smile :)
As I sat on the deck one evening, listening to so many different birds singing and the momma and papa bird feeding their babies in the birdhouse on the deck, I felt very Blessed! We have had birds in that house every single year since I put it up. Probably at least 20 years! We loved that we could count on that each year! It made me realize, much has changed and yet many things are the same. "Constant." One night on my way home from work I made a quick stop at the store to pick up some last minute produce for guests this weekend. I ran into an old friend and it was so nice chatting! Bri and I kicked off the arrival of summer with our girls wine/deck night. Some newer friends, some longtime friends and some "Forever" friends (friends from high school!) all came over. Friends; another "constant." Next month I will having a "reunion" of friends from elementary school over. (We may be the only elementary school that continues to get together, lol!) Yes, I am feeling very Blessed!
Recently, a friend lamented, in a good natured sort of a way, her upcoming not quite mid thirty something birthday. I simply commented that she would not suddenly be 1 year older on that day; but simply 1 day older than the previous day. I have always felt that way! Every morning we are Blessed enough to wake up, I would consider a very good day! Every day that I am able to "reflect" and have those reflections make me smile and fill me with joy and comfort instead of eliciting tears, I would consider a very good day. Every day that we are given the opportunity to "Make every moment count" is a very good day.
So, as we close out June, my month of "reflection" and move into July, this will be my Prayer:
Dear God,
Please help me to embrace the changes you plan for for me in my life with a positive attitude. Please allow me to feel the Blessing and comfort of the "Constants" you have given me and, please help me to continue to "Make every moment count!"
Amen
There have been many changes this year and the kids have all had some big changes in their lives! Many have been asking about the kids lately so, I will put together an update on all the changes happening in their lives very soon. Until then...
"Make every moment count!"
(((Hugs)))
Brenda


No comments:
Post a Comment