| I will never tire of the beauty of fresh falling snow! |
It's a winter wonderland out there peeps! And, I'm staying inside where it is cozy and warm :)
I woke up to a fresh cover of about 3" of snow and a lot of wind along with dire reports of much more to come. And, it is my favorite Sunday! Big plans! Friends, food and fun! Yes, my friends, it is (was) "Book Club Sunday!" (what? You expected something else???)
Well, after a couple of text messages and a quick phone call, we decided to postpone Book Club for a week. Disappointing to all of us book crazies, but we needed to decide before we all started cooking! Now, I host so, driving wasn't the problem for me. And, we could have turned it into a big slumber party if need be however...we erred on the side of caution and did what we thought was best. Besides, even adults need a snow day once in while! (This is my second this year! Lucky me!)
So, what to do with this unexpected available "free time" today? Well, I'm not one to sit around, Shocking, I know! I do however enjoy a "pajama day" once in a while! (not a "lazy" day, just a pj day) I still needed to do my regular weekend stuff, ya know, the boring housekeeping, chores, pay bills stuff! So, after lingering over coffee (ok, a lot of coffee! And, lot's of lingering!) and working on Pinterest (it's not playing, it is working! I am loading recipes and stuff!), catching up on Facebook (sending out BDay wishes and sharing lost and found pet pics along with posting funny videos to brighten others day is important after all!) I got back to my "to do" list. House is vacuumed, dusted and mopped. I know, how bad does the house get when you live alone with just an 8# dog and a 10# cat, right? I am a self confessed OCD (it should be CDO), neat nick-clean freak! Truthfully, I could live with dust for a while as long as the coasters are perfectly squared off in alignment with the corners of the coffee table, all the closets and drawers and cupboards are perfectly organized and there is no clutter but...But honestly, I do need to do these cleaning things once in a while! (Okay, I guess I am more of an OCD neat nick than a clean freak but only but a slim margin!) Now, This months bill are paid. Bear has had a bath and a trim (I've been putting that off for a few days so...Bear was ok with putting it off further but he goes in for a teeth cleaning in a week and I of course felt he needed to look his best for that procedure!)
| Still a little damp but so handsome :) |
and I finished another library book. Because it was supposed to be book club day and so of course it makes perfect sense to do a little extra reading if book club is cancelled. Right? (Yeah, I was probably that kid doing homework on a snow day too, lol!) Besides, now I can start another book "fresh" tonight! Do you know how hard it is to go right from one story to another with no time to process the book? Now I have the afternoon to get the last book out of my head and be mentally prepared for the next! This is important people! And, my stack of books to read outgrew the book shelf (next to this pic) soooo, need to keep reading! (Really, for me, reading is like breathing. I NEED to read!!!)
(I am not going to take a picture of the huge box of books under the bed, sorry!)
| Nick is investigating another book I am reading and the one I will be starting later also |
| For every one I finish I seem to add two more! |
And, doing a little "work" on my "Wine Cellar." This is like an adult version of a cool collage. I've saved labels for several years and am going to cover this door with them! When it is all covered, I'll decoupage over it all. This will be a fun project to work on :)
I saw a pic of this rug and loved it; I may have to get it or paint a sign with this on it since my (future) "Wine Cellar" is indeed just a room in my basement!
![]() | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| LOL! |
So, now I'm thinking I should do some cooking! I know, another shocker!!! Maybe something in the crock pot for the beginning of the week? Maybe I should think about supper since the book club meal is a no go! I'm thinking pizza and Buffalo chicken meatballs (I actually have some of those in the freezer!) since it is that other "Favorite Sunday" for many! I have no plans to watch the Super Bowl but I can (and will be happy to) lend my support to all of the bowlers out there by eating the same types of food you all do. I'm just a thoughtful, "giver" that way my friends! Oooh, I also have bacon! (I know, it is my downfall! Along with most of you! I eat really really "healthy" most of the time but...BACON! Yum!) Maybe I'll bake up a big batch of bacon to freeze! The freezer bag is almost empty so I should do this. (It's a good excuse to eat a piece or two and make sure it is cooked properly too.) Yes, I bake it. On a broiler pan, with a little water in the bottom. Really, it is healthier this way! (All the grease and fat lands in the water and then it is healthy bacon. Right? Work with me on this too people!) And then I freeze it in a zip lock bag. It is just like that nifty microwave bacon you can buy (and spend a lot more money on!) but way better! (Did you know that frozen bacon even tastes good? Okay, I think I confessed to eating the occasional piece of frozen bacon. Sigh. Hanging my head in shame now. But really, it is good! Honest! Hey, don't judge me, you know you want to check this out now!) And besides, I use Turkey bacon 2-1 with regular bacon so, see...Healthy (ish). (It used to be 1-1. I may get to all turkey someday. Maybe. Or maybe not.)
Okay, so now you can see how I spend a snow day (and still have enough time in this busy schedule to blog about it! This is real "time management" and multi tasking at its finest people)! I know you were all wondering :) How do you spend a snow day? However it is, whoever it is with, whatever you are doing; "Make every moment count!" I know I am :)
(((Hugs)))
Brenda
Snowfall update...noon was just over 4". 3 pm we were at 5 1/2. 5pm I measure 7" Still snowing and blowing. Still pretty :)
Stay safe and warm everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment